Off Season industry participation information
Tasmanian tourism operators, the following is some helpful information to get your offer listed as part of the Off Season 2022.
View the new marketing material, created to inspire visitors to visit Tasmania during the Off Season 2022, and gather practical information to help create your offer on Nabooki, the booking platform used for this campaign.
Download the industry toolkit that supports the information shared in the webinar.
Off Season 2022 Toolkit [PDF, 8335.34 KB]
Applications for the Off Season 2022 are now closed. If you would like to discuss a last minute Off Season offer, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently asked questions
- Any consumer-facing business that sells an experience to a visitor can submit an offer for the Off Season campaign
- Your business must be operating in Tasmania with a premise located in Tasmania.
- Your Business must have a live listing on ATDW. You have until 10 March 2022 to ensure this is a live listing.
- Your business must be able to manage and accept bookings through the campaign marketplace in the period between 17 April 2022 and 31 August 2022 with offers available in the eligible Off Season period between 1 June 2022 to 31 August 2022.
- For all enquiries in relation to eligibility please email email@example.com
- Events that are scheduled to be held between 1 June 2022 and 31 August 2022 are eligible to submit an offer.
- Your offer will still need to be approved by Tourism Tasmania and considered suitable for the campaign (refer to the toolkit for advice or discuss your event with our team before you submit if you are not sure)
- It is our preference that you enable Instant Booking which means you must allocate some inventory to the marketplace, otherwise consumers will need to submit a booking request and you can contact them to help them book tickets direct with you.
- Tourism businesses must have a current live product listing on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) to submit an Off Season offer.
- If you currently do not have an ATDW listing, please visit https://tourismtasmania.com.au/marketing/atdw
- Once logged in, preview your listings via the listing dashboard page.
- Click on the relevant listing link to access your listing summary page (you may have multiple ATDW listings).
- If you have forgotten your password to the ATDW platform, this can be reset by visiting www.atdw.com.au and clicking on the ‘forgot password’ link on the top right hand side of the screen. Your ATDW product listing is a 7-digit number formatted like AUxxxxxxx (7 numeric numbers).
- You can find it either on any email sent by ATDW online, or by logging into your ATDW account using your username and password.
- There are no commission or fees for participating businesses, nor for consumers.
- There may be fees charged by your respective payment gateway, so please check your merchant agreement for those.
- If your business uses Rezdy, this system will integrate with the marketplace portal.
- The marketplace portal will not facilitate a connection with other individual reservation systems. To avoid double bookings, you could elect Booking Request which means you can manage the booking directly with the consumer rather than have them instant book.
- Tourism businesses can manually manage inventory on the marketplace portal, opt for automatic booking confirmation and be alerted to low inventory levels for particular dates or departures. Nabooki will work directly with businesses to ensure the booking processes and practical details are clear prior to the marketplace going live.
- We would prefer eligible participating tourism businesses provide only one Off Season offer. However if you have multiple ideas you are considering, please get in contact via firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss these with you.
- If a tourism business has multiple locations around Tasmania, multiple product listings can be provided per location.
- We would prefer that Off Season offers are inspiring, appealing and provide experiential value to the consumer rather than reducing the price.
- We encourage you to create a new offer, alter an existing experience, or if you wish, collaborate with another business to create an offer, specially for this campaign.
- Consumers will be able to book offers from the 17 April 2022 when the online marketplace goes live. Offers can be experienced between 1 June – 31 August 2022.
- It depends on your offer. The number of opportunities you give the consumer is up to you. For example, you might like to just list one date, or restrict your dates to test the market, or you could make your offer bookable every day during the period.
- That is your choice as the owner of the offer but the words ‘gift voucher’ will not be approved for inclusion in the offer title. You might like to mention it in the offer description if you think your offer would make a great gift idea. You would need to send the consumer a gift voucher direct and you would also be responsible for ensuring the recipient of the gift voucher uses the offer during a time that works for your business, preferably during the eligible offer period, but that decision is up to you.
- Offer submissions need to be received via the online form by 10 March 2022, but we recommend completing your submission as soon as you can.
- We may accept late applications however we reserve the right to decline applications after 11 March 2022.
- Offers received sooner rather than later will be considered for our marketing activity which may result in your offer receiving additional promotion in the Off Season 2022 campaign. It is important to note that the campaign call to action is to the campaign microsite, so being listed in the marketplace means your offer stands the best chance of being discovered and converted to a booking.
- The Tourism Tasmania team will either approve it as is (reserving the right to tweak some of the wording) or someone will contact you to discuss the offer, or assist you in developing your ideas to help get your offer approved.
- Once your offer is approved, it will be uploaded by the Nabooki team to the marketplace. You will receive an email from Nabooki with next steps to approve or amend the details. Once you’re happy with it, you can submit and Nabooki will make it ready to go live.
- This is your own choice; you are welcome to sell the offer through other platforms or pursue other avenues as you wish.
- You may submit up to four images to support your offer.
- Please upload images in a landscape layout. Please note: maximum file size 1MB, if required please reduce the size of the images using https://tinypng.com/
- Your image should be either a jpg or png file only.
- All images in the marketplace will be in colour, not black and white.
- Please ensure you upload your images to the online application form.
- If you don’t have any new images to supply, the images in your listing on ATDW will be used by default.
- Please don’t supply black and white images as part of your offer.
- If you have multiple ATDW listings, then yes.
- Yes definitely, and we encourage you to do this. Closer to the launch date of 17 April, we will share a social media toolkit to help you leverage the Off Season creative brand.
20. Can I make changes to my listing after it has been submitted including the images and offer wording?
- Yes, you will be able to login to your Nabooki listing (details of your account will be sent to you) and make changes to any of the details and images. After the marketplace is live on 17 April, all changes will need to be approved before they are updated so allow up to 48 hours for changes to be published.
Please contact Nabooki
- Phone: 03 7037 2222
- Email: email@example.com
- Available: Monday – Friday, 09:00 am – 5:00 pm (AEST) from 9 February to 31 August 2022.
- No. The reason for this is that we want you to create an exclusive Off Season offer that is unique and different to your regular product offerings that you submit to the online marketplace.
- It depends on the offer. If you created a specific offer for the Off Season, then it’s able to be included, subject to approval. When you complete the online form, you can select booking request, instead of instant booking.
- Absolutely! Feel free to add your Off Season offer to your website and promote on your own channels using your marketplace URL.
- Yes, please read the Off Season terms and conditions for all the details.