Tourism Fast Facts
The following is a quick guide to visitation to Tasmania and tourism's contribution to the Tasmanian economy.
Contribution to the Tasmanian economy
- Tourism in Tasmania directly and indirectly contributes around $2.25 billion or 6 per cent to Tasmania’s Gross State Product (GSP)
- Tourism directly contributes $1.11 billion or about 3.2 per cent to Tasmania's Gross Product.
- Tourism directly and indirectly supports around 33,600 jobs in Tasmania or about 13.0 per cent of total Tasmanian employment - higher than the national average and the highest in the country.
Visitors to Tasmania
- A total of 744,200 people visited Tasmania on scheduled air and sea services during the year ending March 2022, not including cruise ships.
- These visitors spent a total of 8.06 million nights in Tasmania.
- Visitors spent a total of $2.18 billion on accommodation, attractions, tours, transport and other goods and services during this period.