Tourism Fast Facts
The following is a quick guide to visitation to Tasmania and tourism's contribution to the Tasmanian economy.
Contribution to the Tasmanian economy
- Tourism in Tasmania directly and indirectly contributes around $2.59 billion or 6.7 per cent to Tasmania’s Gross State Product (GSP)
- Tourism directly contributes $1.38 billion or about 3.5 per cent to Tasmania's Gross Product.
- Tourism directly and indirectly supports around 37,300 filled jobs in Tasmania or about 12.1 per cent of total Tasmanian filled jobs - the highest share in the country.
Visitors to Tasmania
- A total of 1,280,000 people visited Tasmania on scheduled air and sea services during the year ending June 2023, not including cruise ships.
- These visitors spent a total of 11.98 million nights in Tasmania.
- Visitors spent a total of $3.853 billion on accommodation, attractions, tours, transport and other goods and services during this period.
Updated 27 September 2023