Make Yourself At Home
Make Yourself At Home is a campaign developed by Tourism Tasmania to encourage Tasmanians to holiday at home safely, and support the local tourism industry while traditional interstate and international markets are not available. The campaign has been developed in partnership with the four regional tourism organisations, the Department of State Growth, the Tasmanian Hospitality Association and the Tourism Industry Council of Tasmania.
Visit the campaign website at www.makeyourselfathome.com.au
To take advantage of this campaign a toolkit has been developed for Tasmanian tourism businesses to use.
The toolkit includes a campaign overview, how to get involved, COVID-19 safety recommendations, social media and how you can use Make Yourself At Home creative assets to leverage the campaign in your business's marketing activity.
Download the Make Yourself At Home - Industry toolkit [PDF 5.1MB]
Assets created for use in this campaign include:
- Campaign logo
The Make Yourself At Home logo can be used on any of your business’s campaign-related marketing collateral, including posters, brochures, email marketing communications, local press ads and your website and social media pages. Be sure to respect the brand by following the logo usage guidelines in the industry toolkit.
- Campaign launch video
A campaign launch video has been developed and can be shared on your social media channels to help raise awareness of the campaign.
Campaign posters are a great way to share the campaign on-site and can be printed and displayed at your business premises.
- Email marketing assets
Header and footer images are available for use in your email newsletters and marketing activity during the campaign.
- Email signatures
The Make Yourself At Home email signature can be added to your email signature to align your brand with the campaign and increase campaign awareness and visibility.
- Television advertisements
Tasmanians are now seeing Make Yourself At Home advertisements on their television screens, encouraging travel further afield in for day trips, weekend and longer breaks. Share on social media accounts via these YouTube links for Corrina, Lebrina, Rocky Hills and Hartz Mountains.
View and download the Make Yourself At Home campaign assets
More assets will be added as the campaign progresses, so keep an eye on Tourism Talk for updates and additions to the list above.
Expressions of interest - now closed
Opportunity for industry to be featured in campaign content
As part of the new Make Yourself at Home intrastate campaign, lift-outs are planned for the state's major newspapers to inspire readers to plan a trip within Tasmania. Download a copy of the first Make Yourself At Home - Newspaper lift-out [PDF 2.0MB] included in newspapers on 26 June 2020.
We are calling for expressions of interests from operators who are keen to be included in lift-outs or other content opportunities that will be developed during the campaign. This is provided at no expense to operators.
There are three ‘themes’ for the remaining lift outs – August edition: Indulgence, September edition: Road Trips and December edition: Summer Escapes.
To be considered, please address the following criteria in your EOI:
- Outline your product or experience, what makes it so special and let us know if you have a special offer or value proposition for the Tasmanian market.
- Address how your product or experience fits into one of these themes: Indulgence, Road Trips or Summer Escapes.
- Confirm you:
- are listed on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse
- have registered your business on the Buy Something Tasmanian website
- are open to the Tasmanian market and have a COVID-Safe plan in place and are following the guidelines outlined on the Worksafe website.
- Submit your EOI via this link.
As we develop content we will:
- Try to include as many products/experiences received through the EOI process, as possible across the remaining three lift-outs and in other content opportunities as they arise.
- Consider product inclusions against the backdrop of achieving a balance of product in each edition and ensuring we showcase all regions of the state.
- Check in with you prior to using your product/experience to ensure you are comfortable with proceeding.
- Not be able to guarantee that your product or experience will be featured in the lift-out or other content.
If you have any questions please feel free to drop a line to email@example.com
Tourism Tasmania values the privacy of individual's personal information. This information will be used for the purposes of developing content for the Make Yourself at Home campaign. Please click here for more information on Tourism Tasmania’s privacy statement and practices as set out in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act 2004.
Find more information on the industry recovery and a reopening checklist for operators
An overview of the Make Yourself at Home media plan is available to view here. This is to provide businesses with visibility of the timing of upcoming media to so that they can plan their own advertising at similar times across television, radio and in press. The media plan provided is for the planned media activity from now until the end of September.
Please note, this is an indicative plan only and may be subject to change. Decisions around your own advertising are at you own discretion.