Summary of Major Activities
Over the previous year, Tourism Tasmania:
- Delivered a year-round domestic marketing program including the Go Behind the Scenery VIII and Go Behind the Scenery IX campaigns in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland; #TassieStyle, a summer social media advocacy campaign; and our Season of Curious winter promotion.
- Hosted a total of 132 media visits from domestic and international media representatives and influencers
- Hosted 26 key influencers working with Tourism Australia on their World’s 50 Best Restaurants Awards generating over 4,000 articles covering the event
- Worked with Tiger Airways on a two-week tactical seat sale and Tasmanian microsite delivered in Melbourne through social and media channels
- Supported over 30 official media representatives for Round Two of the 2017 Enduro World Series in Derby, Tasmania
- Delivered #TassieStyle, an innovative summer advocacy campaign, in partnership with Tasmania’s tourism industry
- Worked with TripAdvisor to manage the development of a dedicated Tasmania microsite
- Partnered with Shanghai Eastern Air International Travel Service, the CITS Group Shanghai, VTour and online with Tuniu as part of a two-month campaign to promote the state in response to the introduction of a code share arrangement with China Eastern Airways and Qantas
- Trained 134 sellers in Tourism Tasmania’s Tassie Specialist Training with 820 sellers successfully completing the program since its introduction
- Presented the Tassie Specialist Conference, attracting 83 specialist travel agents to the state
- Hosted a Talkabout Tassie Roadshow that saw 17 export-ready Tasmanian businesses present their product to around 240 travel agents in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane
- Conducted a comprehensive review of Tourism Tasmania’s international strategy and developed a new approach to our international markets
- Led a pan-Asian tourism mission accompanied by 14 Tasmanian operators visiting Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and China and engaging with more than 150 travel agents and product managers
- Conducted a segmentation study that revealed significant opportunities for Tourism Tasmania to promote a unique value proposition for the state
- Participated in travel roadshows and events with Tourism Australia including Marketplace in the US, various German and French roadshows, International Tourism Bourse in Berlin and the Indonesian business development exchange.
- Continued its successful partnerships with Lion Nathan to leverage the synergies with James Boag’s brand positioning.
- Undertook extensive partnership marketing with Dark Mofo through our Season of Curious campaign, leveraging the event’s high affinity with Tasmania’s tourism brand.