The Tourist Accommodation Report is produced by the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
See the most recent Tourism Accommodation Report
The Australian Bureau of Statistics conducts the Survey of Tourist Accommodation (STA). The purpose of the STA is to measure activity in short-term commercial accommodation in Australia. It is a quarterly census of the following accommodation establishments:
- licensed hotels and resorts with facilities and 5 or more rooms
- motels, private hotels and guest houses with facilities and 5 or more rooms
- serviced apartments with 5 or more units
- caravan parks with 40 or more powered sites
- holiday flats, units and houses of letting entities with 15 or more rooms or units
- visitor hostels with 25 or more bed spaces.