COVID-19 checklist for operators
All Tasmanian workplaces are required to have a COVID-19 Safety Plan that complies with a minimum set of standards to keep customers, workers and the community safe. It’s important that you check your plan regularly and ensure it’s implemented correctly in your day-to-day operations.
If your business is reopening or you haven’t reviewed your plan for a while, now is the time to make sure your business is COVID Safe.
- If you haven’t already, prepare a COVID-19 Safety Plan for your business
- Read the WorkSafe Tasmania guidelines for the tourism industry and hospitality industry.
- Visit Business Tasmania for further resources
- Make sure your staff are trained and understand their obligations in your COVID-19 Safety Plan. Information for the hospitality industry is available here.
- Make sure your staff understand that they should not come to work if they are unwell and if they have symptoms they should get tested. There are options for pandemic leave and isolation grants for casual staff.
- Visit www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au for the latest Tasmanian Government COVID-19 information.
- Your guests and customers will appreciate knowing what you are doing to keep them safe. Register for COVID Ready Stickers and Posters here.
- Stay connected for important updates through Tourism Talk and your regional tourism organisation.