Official COVID-19 guidance for tourism and hospitality operators
The Tasmanian government website www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au is the official source of information for the Tasmanian community, with the most up to date information relating to COVID-19.
It includes facts and information about COVID-19 and how to keep yourself safe, as well as information for businesses, employees, travellers and visitors and is updated when new advice or information becomes available.
It’s important that you make yourself aware of the current restrictions in place for Tasmania. This information will guide what is and is not permitted and what that means for what you can offer in your business.
We all have a responsibility to keep our staff and guests safe in the COVID-19 environment. All Tasmanian workplaces are required to have a COVID-19 Safety Plan that complies with a minimum set of standards to keep customers, workers and the community safe. It’s important that you check your plan regularly and ensure that it is implemented correctly in your day-to-day operations.
- You must have prepared your business to be COVID Safe
- Visit Business Tasmania for further resources and refer to the tourism and hospitality industry guide
- The coronavirus website has information and resources for businesses in the event of a COVID-19 Case and Outbreak Management
- Make sure your staff are trained and understand their obligations in your COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- Make sure your staff understand that they should not come to work if they are unwell and if they have symptoms they should get tested. There are options for pandemic leave and isolation grants for casual staff.
- Your guests and customers will appreciate knowing what you are doing to keep them safe. Register for COVID Ready Stickers and Posters here.
- Stay connected for important updates through Tourism Talk and your regional tourism organisation.
- Visit www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au for the latest Tasmanian Government COVID-19 information.
Information current as at 12:00 on 10 May 2022